Monday, December 5, 2011

Whoops...

Okay, so I have been INCREDIBLY busy for the past month, and I have to say that I have LOVED every second. I have been swamped at work, and busy planning all kinds of craziness with my family... so this may be a long post.
So November was spent organizing Jameson's birthday party. I hired a photographer, and when those pictures come in, I will do a post with nothing but Jameson's birthday!! :o)
Thanksgiving was WONDERFUL. We had lunch with Jay's family at his Mom's house, as we do EVERY YEAR. Jameson was only a week old last Thanksgiving, so it was a treat having him sit in his chair and eat sweet potato casserole and deviled eggs with us!




After lunch with Jay's family, we drove the 5 hours to South Carolina, to have dinner with my family. It was wonderful, we all ate too much, and I put away enough dressing to kill a sailor. But whatever... That is what Thanksgiving is all about. It is the one day each year where it is socially acceptable to eat until you are mere droplets away from busting an internal organ, then proceed to bemoan your gluttonous ways while you curl up on the couch and watch some football. Quite possibly one of my favorite days of the year!


I wanted to wait until Jameson was at least a year old when we cut his hair. We barely skimmed by, as his bangs were hanging into his eyes to the point of the child being near cross-eyed. He is cute, I love the curls, but the length had to be shortened, lest it turn problematic.

He was good for all of 2 minutes, then the memories of the day had him wiggling. By 8:00 PM, he had seen all he wanted to see of Thanksgiving 2011, and was ready to hibernate.




After the haircut, Aunt Beth consoled him. They have matching red hair, so they have a sort of kinship. A red-headed bond, if you will. She is the only other person in our family with red hair, so now it's just her and Jameson!!

On Saturday, we headed to Columbia to tailgate!! It was the big USC/Clemson game. We tailgated, we ate, we played cornhole.... Meanwhile, Jameson stayed with my Mom and it was the first night without him. I missed him more than necessary, and called her 2 or 17 times that night... but she was a sport! He was also only about 6 miles away... so it would have been easy to whisk him away at 2 AM if I felt compelled.



Please note the middle of my upper lip. This was Saturday - On Monday, Jameson lovingly headbutted me in his sleep. It busted my lip, knocked one of my front teeth loose, and left one heck of a bruise. Jay said it looked like a 'collagen accident' but whatever...






It was a fun game, we won, and we had a great time.

Fast forward one week... It's the first weekend and December and you know what that means.... DECORATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
We have been so excited!! Jameson was a month old last year, and we had our tree, but we were still learning the ins and outs of being parents to this baby that they actually let come HOME with us... so we only decorated minimally. No outside lights - just the basics. Tree and stockings. And Jay's mandatory dish of Christmas M&Ms.





I took a box and wrapped it, thinking that I was going to get some ADORABLE Christmas photos of Jameson... A whimpering puppy, a near-electrocution, and 1 stepped-on CapriSun later, we have some AMAZING tantrum photos that I am fully planning on putting in Jameson's wedding slideshow. Let the sh*t-show commence!








The last picture is amusing, as in a matter of a 1/424th of a second, he went from pitching a total fit, to hearing Franklin starting - Fit Over - TV Time!

I did get some really cute ones that I want to use on our Christmas Card, but I am waiting on his birthday pictures, as I kind of want to do a compilation of his first year!! Here is one of my favorites -




I truly cannot believe that it's Christmas again. My favorite time of year, and to think - I now have a 1-year-old!! Time flies... and I am doing my best to enjoy every second! <3



1 comment: